Extenprise (“us”, “we”, or “eMedico”) is the author and publisher of the internet resource www.extenprise.com/emedico (“Website”) on the World Wide Web, including but not limited to the mobile application “eMedico” Mobile Application – Beta Version (together with the Website, referred to as the “Services”).
- Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000;
- Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “SPI Rules”);
- Regulation 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- The type of information collected from the Users, including Personal Information (as
defined in paragraph 2 below) and Sensitive Personal Data or Information (as defined in paragraph 2) relating to an individual;
- The purpose, means and modes of collection, usage, processing, retention and destruction of such information; and
- How and to whom eMedico will disclose such information.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally some of the Services require us to know who you are so that we can best meet your needs. When you access the Services, or through any interaction with us via emails, telephone calls or other correspondence, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us with certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you. You hereby consent to the collection of such information by eMedico. Without prejudice to the generality of the above, information collected by us from you may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- contact data (such as your mobile/phone number and email address);
- demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your pin code);
- data regarding your usage of the services and history of the appointments made by or with
you through the use of Services;
- other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us (such as information
shared by you with us through emails or feedback functions within eMedico).
The information collected from you by eMedico may constitute ‘personal information’ or ‘sensitive personal data or information’ under the SPI Rules.
“Personal Information” is defined under the SPI Rules to mean any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available to a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
The SPI Rules further define “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” of a person to mean personal information about that person relating to:
- medical records, history and prescriptions;
- physical, physiological, sexual orientation and mental health condition;
- information received by body of medical stores or pharmacist or otherwise;
- visitor details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter; and
- search, messaging or any other data records.
eMedico will be free to use, collect and disclose information that is freely available in the public domain without your consent.
- PRIVACY STATEMENTS
- ALL USERS NOTE:
This section applies to all users.
- Accordingly, a condition of each User’s use of and access to the Services is their
- All the information provided to eMedico by a User, including Personal Information or any
Sensitive Personal Data or Information, is voluntary. You understand that eMedico may use certain information of yours, which has been designated as Personal Information or ‘Sensitive Personal Data or Information’ under the SPI Rules, (a) for the purpose of providing you the Services, (b) for commercial purposes and in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes, (c) for sale or transfer of such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates (d) for communication purpose so as to provide you, the User of Services, a
better way of booking appointments and for obtaining feedback in relation to professionals who provide medical services and are generally known as medical Practitioners, including but not limited to Physicians, Surgeons, Medical Stores and Diagnostic Laboratories providing services based on knowledge domains of Allopathy, Ayurveda, Unani or any other generally recognized fields of modern or traditional medical therapy, research and study, and their corresponding practices, (e) debugging customer support related issues. eMedico also reserves the right to use information provided by or about the End-User for the following purposes:
- Publishing such information on the Website.
- Contacting End-Users for offering new products or services.
- Contacting End-Users for obtaining product and Service feedback.
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility.
- Analyzing anonymized practice information for commercial use.
If you have voluntarily provided your Personal Information to eMedico for any of the purposes stated above, you hereby consent to such collection and use of such information by eMedico.
- eMedico does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Services and, therefore, eMedico specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Services, and you agree that you waive any claims against eMedico relating to same, and to the extent such waiver may be ineffective, you agree to release any claims against eMedico relating to the same.
- You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration. If your personal information changes, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on our member information page (Edit Profile Function). If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete), or eMedico has reasonable grounds to suspect that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, eMedico may, at its sole discretion, discontinue the provision of the Services to you. There may be circumstances where eMedico will not correct, delete or update your Personal Data, including (a) where the Personal Data is opinion data that is kept solely for evaluative purpose; and (b) the Personal Data is in documents related to a prosecution if all proceedings relating to the prosecution have not been completed.
- If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Services, contact us through email@example.com. We will retain your information for as long as your account with the Services is active and as needed to provide you the Services. We shall not retain such information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes. Please note that your withdrawal of consent, or cancellation of account may result in eMedico being unable to provide you with its Services or to terminate any existing relationship eMedico may have with you.
- If you wish to opt-out of receiving non-essential communications or information regarding the eMedico Services, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In due course, or sometime in the future, eMedico may require the User to pay with a credit card, wire transfer, debit card or cheque for Services for which subscription amount(s) is/are payable. eMedico will collect such User’s credit card number and/or other financial institution information such as bank account numbers and will use that information for the billing and payment processes, including but not limited to the use and disclosure of such credit card number and information to third parties as necessary to complete such billing operation. Verification of credit information, however, is accomplished solely by the User through the authentication process. User’s credit-card/debit card details are transacted upon secure sites of approved payment gateways which are digitally under encryption, thereby providing the highest possible degree of care as per current technology. However, eMedico provides you an option not to save your payment details. User is advised, however, that internet technology is not full proof safe and User should exercise discretion on using the same.
- Due to the communications standards on the Internet, when a User or the End-User or anyone who visits the mobile application, eMedico automatically receives the Internet Protocol (IP) address of each User’s computer (or the proxy server a User used to access the World Wide Web), as well as the name of User’s ISP. This information is used to analyze overall trends to help eMedico improve its Services. The linkage between User’s IP address and User’s personally identifiable information is not shared with or disclosed to third parties. Notwithstanding the above, eMedico may share and/or disclose some of the aggregate findings (not the specific data) in anonymized form (i.e., non-personally identifiable) with advertisers, sponsors, investors, strategic partners, and others in order to help grow its business.
- A User may have limited access to the mobile application without creating an account. Unregistered Users cannot make appointments with the doctors by providing their name and phone number. In order to have access to all the features and benefits on eMedico, a User must first create an account on eMedico. To create an account, a User is required to provide the following information, which such User recognizes and expressly acknowledges is Personal Information allowing others, including eMedico, to identify the User: name, User ID, email address, city/state, ZIP/postal code, age, mobile/phone number, password chosen by the User and valid financial account information. eMedico may, in future, include other optional requests for information from the User to help eMedico to customize the mobile application to deliver personalized information to the User.
- eMedico may enable Users to communicate with other Users or to post information to be
accessed by others, whereupon other Users may collect such data. Such Users, including any moderators or administrators, are not authorized eMedico representatives or agents, and their opinions or statements do not necessarily reflect those of eMedico, and they are not authorized to bind eMedico to any contract. eMedico hereby expressly disclaims any liability for any reliance or misuse of such information that is made available by Users or visitors in such a manner.
- eMedico maintains a strict “No-Spam” policy, which means that eMedico does not intend to sell, rent or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third party without your consent.
- eMedico has implemented best international market practices and security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that it has under its control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, for any data loss or theft due to unauthorized access to the User’s electronic devices through which the User avails the Services, eMedico shall not be held liable for any loss whatsoever incurred by the User.
- eMedico implements reasonable security practices and procedures and has a comprehensive documented information security programme and information security policies that contain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of eMedico’s business.
- Accordingly, a condition of each User’s use of and access to the Services is their
- ALL USERS NOTE: